Operation Round Up Foundation Awards
In April of 2013, The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $45,831 to the following community groups in our service area:
- Chandlersville Building Assoc. – roof and interior repairs to building
- Dan Emmett Elementary (Mount Vernon) – Smart Board and projector
- Watkins Memorial Turf Committee – artificial turf surface at Watkins Memorial High School
- Harrison Township Pool (Philo) – picnic tables
- Southwest Licking Baseball League, Inc. – renovation of field
- Northridge Primary School – leveled books for students
- Lakewood Middle School PFO – Smart Board
- West Muskingum Athletic Boosters – repairs to building
- American Legion National Trail Post 756 – replace roof on building
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Licking & Perry Counties – computer equipment and software
- Foundation for Hospice of Central Ohio – nurse call system for Selma Markowitz Care Center
In February of 2013, The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $30,262 to the following community groups in our service area:
- Boy Scout Troop 2 (Newark) – towards equipment trailer
- Perry County Agricultural Society – towards LED sign for Perry County Fairgrounds
- Pathways of Central Ohio – computer server
- Village of Glenford - Hoover Center – equipment & supplies
- Licking Co. Humane Society – new dog and cat beds
- Muskingum Valley Chapter American Red Cross – upgrade electrical and HVAC at new building
- Thorn Township Fire Dept. – firefighter protective clothing
- Fieldhouse Foundation, Inc. – three motorized special needs tricycles
- Jackson Intermediate School – Montessori Bead Cabinet for math
- Boy Scout Troop 4057 (Newark) – materials for eagle scout project
Also during the Round Up Foundation Board Meeting held in February, new Board Officers were elected to the following positions:
- Scott Obenour – Chairman
- Jim Johnson – Vice Chairman
- Jay Barker – Treasurer
- Marc Odenweller – Secretary
In December of 2012, The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $37,583 to the following community groups in our service area:
- Licking Park District – towards community dog park at Infirmary Mound Park
- PBJ Connections (Pataskala) – office furnishings
- Pleasant Street Elementary School (Mount Vernon) – iPads
- Adventist Community Services (Newark) – towards security system
- Danville Local Schools – fencing around track
- Newark High School – tools and supplies for garden project
- Newton Elementary – leveled books
- Last Call Out Reach Ministry, Inc. (Newark) – upgrade security system, boiler upgrade
- Licking County Health Dept – child safety car seats
- Kokosing Valley Mounted Search and Rescue – towards safety clothing and two way radios
- West Licking Firefighters Assoc. – enclosed trailer with portable toilet
Also during the Round Up Foundation Board meeting held in December, Jerry Nethers, Operation Round Up Board Member and Treasurer, was presented an award for his years of service to the Foundation. Nethers has served on the Round Up Board since its inception in 2007. Since its start, Operation Round Up has awarded over $1,568,000 to charitable organizations within The Energy Cooperative’s service territory
In October of 2012, The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $31,838 to the following community groups in our service area:
- Par Excellence Academy – computers for students
- Heath Sertoma Youth Athletic Assoc. – protective netting for baseball/softball fields at Hoback Park
- Public Health Partnership of Knox County – toward “Project Lifesaver” program
- Licking County Center for the Visually Impaired – to provide the financially disadvantaged in Licking Co. with eye care services
- West Muskingum Local School District – one band instrument
- Alcohol and Drug Freedom Center of Knox County – towards IT upgrade project
- Foxfire Schools (Zanesville) – computer equipment for teacher use
- Utica American Legion Post #92 – towards generator
- Danville High School – one camcorder for video production class
- Licking County Educational Service Center – one LCD projector
- Granville Studio of Visual Arts – art supplies for youth project
- Roseville Elementary School – towards recreation equipment
- KKno-Ho-Co-Ashland CAC – one computer system
Also during the Round Up Foundation Board meeting held in October, Board President, Julie Maurer, was presented a check from Bruce Sumner, VP &COO of The Energy Cooperative, for the amount of $15,278. Sumner served as the coordinator of this year’s annual Round Up Golf Outing and charity event where the funds were generated.
In Augusts of 2012, The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $26,234 to the following community groups in our service area
- Shiloh Holistic Opportunity Programs, Corp. (Newark) – for salon supplies for the barber/cosmetologist program
- Mental Health America of Licking County – for supplies and equipment for Suicide Prevention Program
- St. Francis de Sales Preschool – towards playground equipment
- Bellville Neighborhood Outreach Center – food for food pantry
- Frazeysburg Police Dept. – two ballistic vests
- Bowling Green Twp Park Committee – new Merry Go Round
- Heartbeats of Licking County – towards signageTransitions, Inc. (Zanesville) – to replace one furnace
- Mount Vernon Colt Football League – towards replacement of helmets
- Hebron Elementary – software for student use
- Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church (Heath) – back packs with school supplies for low income school children
- Sheridan High School – Lego Mindstorm kits for student use
In June of 2012, The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $36,972 to the following community groups in our service area:
- YES Clubhouse/MHA – furniture for clubhouse
- Center for Disability Services – towards ramp for house
- Our Savior Lutheran Church – calculators for school festival
- Utica Elementary School – phase II of technology project
- Muskingum Family Y – summer camp at Blue Rock State Park
- Buckeye Lake Area Civic Association – sound system
- Mt. Vernon City Schools – document cameras
- Granville Township Fire Department – MARC Radio
- That Place on Market (Danville) – equipment
- Newark Catholic High School – kiln
- East Mound Community Development Corp. – appliances for apartments
- 6th Street & Growing Garden – expansion of gardens
- Knox County Goat Improvement Association – scales
- Licking County Foundation – towards Jerrie Mock Aviation Sculpture
- East Knox Local Schools - Netbooks
In April of 2012, The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $45,531 to the following community groups in our service area:
- Southwest Licking Youth Baseball League – to construct a baseball dugout
- Newark City Schools Athletic Training Program – rehabilitation equipment for students/athletes
- Zane State College Foundation – to expand the College’s training and education needs of the region
- Harrison Township Pool – lounge benches for pool area
- Blue Ribbon Riders 4-H Club – jumps for fairgrounds
- St. Vincent dePaul School (Mt. Vernon) – stage curtains
- Pataskala Recreation Association/Community Pool Project – equipment for pool
- Zane Trace Players/Renner Theater – towards replacing & repairing chimneys and capstones
- Christ’s Table (Zanesville) – to replace kitchen island
- Licking County Alcoholism Prevention Program (LAPP) – towards carpet replacement
- Heritage Middle School PTA – benches
- Forever Dads, Fatherhood Resource Center (Zanesville) – ceiling fans and exterior lighting
Newark, Ohio, February 2012: The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $37,423 at their February 2012 meeting to the following:
- Licking County Coalition for Housing towards a box truck.
- Newark Campus Development Fund for a matching scholarship in Round Up name.
- Newborns in Ned to purchase materials for making infant clothing.
- Muskingum Soil and Water District for first aid kits for Kids Safety Day.
- Salvation Army of Mount Vernon for game tables for youths.
- Licking County Master Gardeners for water lines to improve demonstration garden.
- Pay It Forward Ohio for equipment for collection and distribution center.
- Heath High School Boosters towards a baseball field scoreboard.
- Behavioral Health Partners for emergency kits for residential facilities.
- Ohio Nature Education for aviaries and animal enclosures.
At the February Board meeting the Round Up Foundation also elected the officers for 2012. They are: Julie Maurer - Chairman, Scott Obenour – Vice Chairman, Jerry Nethers – Treasurer and Jim Johnson – Secretary.
The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $56,378 at their December 12, 2011 meeting to the following:
• Licking County Humane Society towards new shelter
• Franklin Twp. for shelter house renovations
• Licking County Aging Program for building renovations
• Midland Theatre for video equipment for educational programming
• St. Albans Twp. Fire Dept. for thermal imaging equipment
• Heisey Collectors of America for cabinet display
• Granville Studio for Visual Arts for materials for library exhibit
• Licking Land Trust for new computer and equipment
• Rocky Fork Church of Christ for emergency shelter generator
• Eden Twp. to help remodel community center
• Muskingum Respiratory Care Assoc. for computer equipment
• Glenwood Chapter #303 for card making equipment
• Fieldhouse Foundation for sports equipment for children with physical disabilities
• Individual for modification to van for wheelchair access
• HOOFS for riding helmets
Marc Odenweller has been appointed to The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation Board. Odenweller is a partner at Dennis & Schisler, Inc., a public accounting firm located in Mount Vernon, OH. He oversees the audit and accounting department and is also involved in corporate, non-profit, and employee benefit plan taxation and regulatory requirements. Odenweller received his B.S. in Business Administration from The Ohio State University and obtained his C.P.A. license in 1998. In addition to serving on The Energy Cooperative’s Operation Round Up Foundation Board, he is the Treasurer for the Knox County Chamber of Commerce and volunteers for several local non-profit agencies including United Way of Knox County. He and his wife, Jennifer, reside in Mount Vernon.
The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $30,519 at their October 4, 2011 meeting to the following groups:
- St. Vincent DePaul Housing facility for new washer and dryer.
- Habitat for Humanity of Knox County for Re-Store equipment.
- Licking County Center for Visually Impaired for eye exams and glasses.
- Mead Needham Museum, Inc. in Pataskala for renovations.
- Midland Theatre Assoc. for video conferencing equipment.
- Licking County YMCA – West Branch for storage unit.
- Granville Recreation District for bleachers.
- Outville Presbyterian Church for an AED.
- Licking County Education Service Center for iPads and software.
- Hanover VFD for firefighter boots.
Bruce Sumner, Vice President & COO of Electric Operations and Coordinator of The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation Golf Outing presented Jennifer Odenweller, Round Up Chair, with a check in the amount of $13,383.00. Proceeds from the 6th Annual Golf Outing help aid in funding the 2012 Scholarship Program.
If your non-profit organization is interested in applying for a grant, please visit www.theenergycoop.com > Member Services > Operation Round Up to complete an application.
The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation is a community service program of its member/consumers. Members “round up” their utility bills to the next dollar and that amount is donated to groups in their nine county service area who meet the funding guidelines. All funds stay in the communities served by The Energy Cooperative
Newark, Ohio, August 2011: The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $32,476 at their August 2, 2011 meeting to the following groups:
- St. Francis Boy Scouts of America Troop 8 – tents and camping equipme
- Granville Fellowship – card tables and chairs
- Knox County Head Start – equipment for pre-school room
- National Trail VFD – one carbon monoxide monitor for ambulance
- Pataskala Recreation Assoc. – soccer goals
- Pathways of Central Ohio – computers and monitors
- The Works – Teen Machine learning program
- Hartford Independent Agricultural Society – towards new roof on Tara (4-H) building
- Knox County 4-H Canine Council – agility equipment
- Journey Church Daycare – towards outdoor play equipment
Newark, Ohio, June 2011: The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $33,825 at their June 7, 2011 meeting to the following groups:
- Simon Kenton Boy Scouts for lighting at Camp Falling Rock.
- Hospice of Central Ohio for new beds.
- Village of Buckeye Lake for Ball Park improvements.
- That Place on Market for equipment for work center.
- Pataskala Veteran’s Green for new sidewalks.
- Marne United Methodist Church for community playground equipment.
- Lakewood Elementary PTO for community playground equipment.
- Duncan Falls Elementary PTO for Mimeo boards.
- Knox County Special Olympics for team shirts and pictures.
THE ENERGY COOPERATIVE ROUND UP FOUNDATION AWARDS COMMUNITY GROUPS
Newark, Ohio, April 2011: The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $40,054 at their April 5, 2011 meeting to the following groups:
- Behavioral Health Partners for smoke detectors. Knox Partnership for Arts & Culture for chairs.
- Licking Heights West Elementary for teaching puzzles.
- Camp O’Bannon for electrical upgrades.
- Thorn Twp. Fire Dept to purchase rescue tools.
- Central Ohio Cougars for fencing and field materials.
- Red Cross of Licking County for Safety City supplies.
- Granville Intermediate School to purchase audiometer.
- Northridge FFA for phone upgrades.
- Muskingum County Recreation Center towards a new facility.
- Sanctuary Community Action for a vertical lift for handicap.
- Tri-Valley Youth League towards fencing on T-Ball field.
- Bowling Green Township towards fencing for park area.
- Ohio Nature Education for library equipment.
- Licking Valley Schools for a summer reading program.
- Licking County YMCA towards playground/sprayground.
THE ENERGY COOPERATIVE ROUND UP FOUNDATION AWARDS COMMUNITY GROUPS – SETS NEW OFFICERS
Newark, Ohio, February 2011: The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $31,290.00 on February 8, 2011 to the following community groups in our service area:
- Pioneer and Historical Society of Musk Co – exterior painting and roof sealing
- Chandlersville Building Assoc. – towards refurbish gym floor
- COTC – emergency preparedness kits
- Licking Co Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry – for butchering expenses
- The Historic Pataskala Town Hall, Inc. – purchase and installation of windows for theater
- C-TEC – towards Public Safety burn building facility
- Camp Otyokwah (Butler) – to complete high ropes course
- Utica Emergency Squad – ballistic vests
- Orange Barrel Production Co – lighting equipment
- Newark Granville Youth Symphony – music
- Hanover VFD – structural firefighting helmets
- Newborns in Need – materials for making clothing and blanket
- STARS (A Summer Institute for Young Women) – 4 sewing machines and supplies
- Knox Co Humane Society – heart/pulse monitor for surgery room
At the February Board meeting the Round Up Foundation also elected the officers for 2011. They are:
Jennifer Odenweller – Chairman, Julie Maurer – Vice Chairman, Scott Obenour – Secretary and Jerry Nethers – Treasurer.