New Electric Water Heater Rebate
If you are an electric member building a new home or replacing a fossil fuel water heater and plan to install a new electric water heater, The Energy Cooperative would like to write you a check for $250 to $350! Why? The Energy Cooperative wants to promote the use of energy efficient appliances and enlist you as part of our Load Management Team. The installation of a well insulated water heater helps to reduce energy consumption and helps members save money towards their utility bill. If you are constructing a new home or replacing a propane gas, natural gas or fuel oil water heater with a new electric water heater you can qualify for a rebate ranging from $250 to $350. Please see the qualifications listed below.
New Electric Water Heater Rebate:
|Warranty Period: ||50-70 Gallon Size: ||Over 71 Gallon Size: |
|6 Years or more: ||$250 ||$350 |
- Minimum six (6) year manufacturer's warranty.
- Minimum 50-gallon tank water heater.
- Must be a new electric water heater .
- The water heater must contain a minimum of two inches of foam insulation for an "R" value equal to or greater than 16.
- The water heater's element size must be 5500 watts or less per element.
- A Radio Controlled Switch (RCS) must be installed and remain operational for the length of the manufacturer's warranty period for the water heater.
- For residing Energy Cooperative electric members only.
- The member must be building a new home or replacing a fossil fuel water heater with a new electric heater.
- All warranty periods are defined by the manufacturer’s warranty only. Extended warranties provided by outside parties do not qualify.
- Application for rebate must be made within nine months of the purchase of the water heater.
- A new construction home must have a new physical foundation.
- Fossil fuel is defined as natural gas, propane or fuel oil only.
- Not valid with any other Energy Cooperative water heater rebate.
For a printable PDF of the New Electric Water Heater Rebate Form, click here.